1. I'm insanely bored. I spoke to a mentor of mine recently who told me that it is a dangerous thing for me to be bored. She's right. My mind defaults to certain anxieties and I become an obsessive daydreamer. If I am going to survive, I have to constantly be inspired- go into the city, look at art, meet driven people, etc. Like I have to manage this like it's my job; like it's diabetes type 2. It's that crucial. I also need to express myself more which means I should be writing more. It's just...this year has really had me in my feelings for real.
Being an extrovert can be hell sometimes. Reason being, there are times where I want to be alone and I absolutely shouldn't be. For instance I am right now penning this post from my what used to be my favorite diner in Philly before I moved to Nashville. I know I need to save money. But I just have to be around people and noise right now to even think. To breathe! Silence can be really loud sometimes. I don't even think I would be writing this if I was at home. I'd be asleep.
2. Speaking of this diner, I am eating out of a bowl of fries too large for anyone to eat by themselves. Eh well. *Adds salt*
After 8 months, I am finally ready to be all here. To get to know where I live and to thrive. I no longer have one half of me in Nashville and the other half here. I miss Nashville but I was feeling really claustrophobic. I feel good about being here even though I haven't really made any friends yet. That'll come...as soon as I start following up with people and stop spending my weekends talking to my friends back in Nashville all night. There will never be anyone as awesome as them.
3. Pray for Tia please.
4. I just noticed that this diner has new (to me) T-shirts that say "Everything old is new again." You ain't never lied.
5. I was dealing very heavily with regret about some things but something has occurred to me that has lessened the blow of 20/20 vision: the things you regret not doing a lot of times you just weren't mentally ready to handle at the time anyway. Be it a career opportunity or a person that you later realize means more to you than you ever really wanted to admit to yourself. You weren't wrong; you just weren't ready. I would say more but too many people know about this blog so moving on...
6. Taylor Swift's 1989 is about to come out and murder the game. Be mad. I'm here for it.
7. I better not eat all of these fries.
8. The fact that we have created an environment where Bobby Shmurda's "Hot N----" can be a hit is a shame to our ancestors, ourselves, our children and future generations. What in the hell happened to common sense?
9. How's this for a bad pickup line: a MARRIED man said to me "What's your name, beautiful?" I was working so I had to answer him although he was holding my hand SO grossly . "My name is Toya." He said, "My name is...Speechless." Okay pal. What is wrong with people?
10. I've been spending some time with my 10 year old cousin which I am almost positive is giving my mother hope that I may eventually want a child. I'll be honest: I'm open to adoption after a good four years of marriage. Cause isn't true religion "taking care of the widows and orphans"? See I don't hate religion. I just hate what we've made it to be.
11. This cute guy just sat next to me and my date. And by my date I mean this big bowl of fries. Check please.