Thursday, February 28, 2013

I have no idea what to write about - Tia

Every so often I wander into these place of not knowing what to write about. So here's some random stuff that's on my mind.


- I just started Series 4 of Doctor Who. I'm not really sure why it took me so long to get into this show. It is everything my inner nerd believes in.

I got hopelessly attached to the 9th Doctor and he was only around for one season. So I know I'm going to be a mess when the 10th Doctor leaves. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the 11th Doctor. I'm very "Martha Jones" in my feelings for Doc 10.


- The So So Def Anniversary Concert was EPIC!!! Kris Kross, Xscape, Da Brat...EVERYONE was there. Usher showed up. Monica showed up and SANG! HER! FACE! OFF!!! But the pi├Ęce de r ├ęsistance was when Hov showed up. His way too brief performance made me decide that I wanted to see him and Mr. Timberlake in person. So I'm taking myself to the Legends of Summer tour for my birthday. Yeah...that's what grown folks do. 

- The masochist who teaches the mid-day Kickboxing class at my gym caught me singing a Foo Fighters song. He said, "You don't know who sings this.." I politely schooled him regarding the band, the lead singer and my everlasting crush on Taylor Hawkins. Sir, don't let my brown skin fool you. I know this is Atlanta and I may fight like I'm a hood chick, but I will school you on music of ALL genres.

- I seriously can't stop listening to Justin Timberlake's "Pusher Love Girl". He needs to go ahead and drop this as a single.

- I've been house hunting and every time I think of a 30 year mortgage I feel like I'm going to vomit. For my readers who have bought homes, does that feeling ever go away? Or will I feel sick every time I write a mortgage payment?

- I need a job where I don't have to travel...so I can get a cat. Yeah, I don't know what's happening with that either. In the past I'm haven't been the biggest fan of animals I can't eat. But for some reason I think I want a cat. Part of the reason is because cats are jerks. Something about that makes me smile. Prime example:


- I think all of the Harlem Shake videos are stupid. I file them with planking, coning and all other ridiculousness.

- I usually have NO cares to give about Kim Kardashian. I mean NONE!! But I've actually been feeling sorry for her because whoever her pregnancy stylist is has it out for her. They are doing her DIRTY with the clothes they're putting her in.

- I'm ready for Spring and then Summer. I'm tired of always feeling like I'm on the verge of catching a cold because it's minus something ridiculous degrees outside.

- I haven't showered yet and so I'm gonna go do that now. Laters BGLUers!!



2 comments:

Spitfire said...

Oh my goodness! Not to take anything from Eccelston's run as the good doctor, because I greatly enjoyed him, but the 10th doctor is PHENOMENAL! A real life geek made good. David Tennant was such a huge fan of the show when he was a kid that he jumped at the chance to play the doctor. He does such a wonderful job of inhabiting the role. Enjoy him, because it's gut-wrenching when he leaves/regenerates. (I'm such a geek. I paid NO attention to anything else you wrote! LOL) Long live the Whovians!

Lei said...

I love David Tennant. I was also getting used to Eccelston, but when David Tennant showed up, I was like Chris who? I have cried twice during a sci-fi show, both during Doc Who and both with a David T. ep.

and for the record Martha Jones has been my favorite companion and I felt her pain. I am glad they touched on that. I understand only having friendly feelings for the past Doc incarnations but they are bringing in younger cuter dorks, its gotta be hard not to fall for them. The 11th Doctor-mehh not so much IMO.