Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BGLU News: Girl Group Heaven! TLC Releases A New CD and Are Out of Eden Getting Back Together?




Tuesday has brought us girl group loving joy here at BGLU over the release of TLC's greatest hits CD 20 and a picture on Instagram that has us wondering if there is an Out of Eden reunion brewing.  Let's start with TLC first so my inner teenage Toya doesn't explode trying to talk about both of these groups at the same time.

Just in time for the much anticipated biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story airing on VH1 on next Monday, TLC's greatest hits CD, 20, was released today and... pause. 20? As in it has been 20 years since TLC got together? Lord no. I need that to mean that there are 20 songs on the CD because surely 20 years have not passed. Moving on...

Of course no TLC greatest hits CD would be complete without the mega-hits "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg", "No Scrubs" and "Waterfalls" so those songs are a given. What is also included on the release are the songs "Damaged"(yes!!!!) and "Kick Your Game". I think they did a great job of putting fan faves all on one CD but if they missed your jam, let me know. What song do you wish would have been included on TLC's greatest hits?

In more girl group news, I was minding my own business on The Facebook when I saw what some would consider a miracle on Danielle Kimmey, formerly of Out of Eden's Facebook page...



Do it Jesus!!!  He's able!

For so many of us Out of Eden was that musical group that when we were in church youth group's we would hear "if you like (insert secular artist here) then you will love Out of Eden". The cool thing about Out of Eden was that they were one of the few groups that you would hear and you actually liked them as much, if not better, than what they were suggested as the alternative to. 

Anyway, we at BGLU love these girls and even though we respect what they are now doing individually, any hopes of them getting together just one mo' 'gin makes us happy. As soon as I get the scoop, I'll let y'all know. In the meantime, let's reminisce with one of my favorite Out of Eden tunes of all time,"Meditate". I love slow jamz for Jesus!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE A TRUE REUNION!!! I CAN"T TAKE THIS SUSPENSE LOL!!!! I"M AN OOE STAN!!! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED!!