Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Love Actually - Tia



Where do I even begin? My favourite movie of all time, Love Actually, was released 10 years ago today. (I won't get into how old that make me feel all of a sudden.)

It's easy to forget that Love Actually is technically a Christmas movie. We get so caught up in the love story of it all that the fact the movie is set during the holidays almost completely escapes us. But the holidays are coming and everyone has their favorite flick that they'll watch over and over whilst stuffing their faces full of Christmas treats. And while I've been known to watch Love Actually at all times of the year, I usually ramp up my viewings between November and December. A once a week viewing is a conservative estimate. It's usually more like once every two or three days. And frankly, I'm not ashamed of that.

Toya sent me this great article about what Love Actually taught us about love. (Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" is my wallow in misery about relationships anthem thanks to this movie.) And Huffington Post had what I can only imagine was a World War 3, Godzilla vs Mothra, street brawl of a discussion trying to come up with the list of the best parts of the movie. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person obsessed with this movie. (When I say obsessed I mean I can quote it from memory...all of it. "Woooould we call her chubby?")

I've had a rough day and I feel like a viewing of Love Actually is in order. And I'm not going to lie, the day I found out that the movie was streaming on Netflix and that I could watch it ANY TIME and ANYWHERE I wanted not just at home on the couch via DVD, I did the Hugh Grant prime minister dance.

Okay who am I kidding...I do that dance all of the time when I'm happy. And if some of you are honest, you probably do too.

Happy viewings, y'all.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh!!! I share the same enthusiasm about this move. "Love Actually" brings all the feels. Once, I went to ask my mom in the next room a question after watching and she was all concerned and like "is everything alright?" I was puzzled and said I was fine and just finished watching "Love Actually"

I didn't even realize I had been crying (probably from the Nativity play until the end) ! My poor mom thought I just found out some devastating news and preparing herself for the worse. They were just love actually emotions.