Friday, January 24, 2014

Have a Happy Friday on Pharrell- Toya



It took me a little bit to get into this song because well let's be honest, everyone's not happy all of the time and I've had some rough days recently (more on that soon, I promise). But when I finally got to the website of this brilliant 24 hour video, it was at 4 PM and I am so glad I did.

At the 4 PM mark, Pharrell walks into a building and he seems a bit distraught for someone singing about being happy. It's as if he's heard some bad news and he is still singing this song declaring that "happiness is the truth". He's saying it even though that's not what he feels, as if by singing this out loud he will be fighting what he is feeling.

I tried this. It worked.



To see the rest of this brilliant and groundbreaking video, go to 24hoursofhappy.com.  No matter how you feel today, I hope that happiness will too be your truth. Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Looks like what he's walking into is a mausoleum. Really powerful, actually to remember what happiness feels like even in a moment of loss.